TWC Seminars & Events
Dr Nick Cerneaz addressing the Sydney Mining Club, March 2013
Innovation Lecture Series 2014: Beyond Earth
The Beyond Earth series of events runs all year highlighting the role that Australia and Australians play in global space industries.
- Enrico Palermo, VP Operations for The Spaceship Company:
- Sydney: 6pm, Tue 2 Sept – event finished
- Canberra: 6pm, Thu 4 Sept – event finished
- Perth: 6pm, Mon 8 Sept – event finished
- Adelaide: 4pm, Tue 9 Sept – event finished
- Professor Brian Schmidt AC on Astronomy & Astrophysics — Sydney, Tuesday 11th November, 2014
- Other events in the Beyond Earth series will be announced as they are confirmed.
PPIR professional seminars
PPIR is a change plan aimed at improving individual, team and contractual performance in engineering. We are holding free seminars this spring for engineers and associated industry professionals:
Find out more about PPIR.
Our partners’ events
- Vision30 Follow-On Event: Australia & The Global Innovation Stage, 28 November 2013. Professor Mark Dodgson explored how Australian innovation – and our ability to commercialise our innovations – compares to the rest of the world.
- Vision30 Event, 8 November 2013. To celebrate 30 years of innovation, The Warren Centre led a discussion of leading and emerging Australian innovation leaders to create a vision and strategy for our industries for the next 30 years.
- Innovation Lecture Series 2013 – June-December 2013. Chief Defence Scientist Dr Alex Zelinsky presented on Thinking Big & Making It Happen.
- Medical Device Commercialisation Seminar Series, April-November 2013. A 10-seminar program exploring what it takes to be one of the medical device success stories.
- ATP Innovations 2013 Successful Innovation Workshop, 11-12 September 2013. The Warren Centre’s Executive Director Dr Nick Cerneaz was a panellist.
- International Urban Design Conference, 9-11 September 2013. The Warren Centre’s COO Alexandra Harrington delivered a presentation.
- Off-grid power options for Australia, 6 March 2013. Dr Nick Cerneaz, Executive Director of The Warren Centre presented to the Sydney Mining Club.
TWC Governors’ Luncheon Seminars
TWC Governor’s Luncheons
The timetable for the 2014 seminar series will be released shortly.
- Laurie Conheady, Fixed Income strategist, JB Were
- Dr Susan Pond AM FTSE, Chair, Australian Initiative for Sustainable Aviation Fuels
- Professor Mary O’Kane, NSW Chief Scientist and Engineer.
- Conversations with the Future – a Sustainable Australia in 2050 – Professor John Thwaites, Chairman, National Sustainability Council
- Infrastructure & New South Wales – Nick Greiner AC, Chairman, Infrastructure NSW
- Inspiring Young Engineers the World Over – Marita Cheng, 2012 Young Australian of the Year and Founder, Robogals
- Telehealth Challenges with an Ageing Population – Prof Branko Celler, Chief Scientist, CSIRO ICT Centre
- Doing Business with Chinese National Organisations, What Are the IP & Technology Security Issues? – Ashley Brinson, former Area Project Manager & IP Protection Manager, Dow Corning Inc.
- Entrepreneurship Role Models, and how Australia might improve and promote Entrepreneurship – Matt Barrie, Chief Executive, Freelancer.com
- Financial Market Review – Laurie Conheady, Executive Director Fixed Income Strategy, JB Were
- Nano-Engineering the Future : Nanotechnology and the Australian Economy – Dr Chris Behrenbruch, Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder, ImaginAb
- Future vision for research work, and the global innovation landscape and Australia’s opportunities – Hon Prof Andy Dong, Warren Centre Chair of Innovation & ARC Future Fellow, University of Sydney
- City Revitalisation – Lessons for Sydney and its Suburbs – Mr Tom Murphy, Senior Resident Fellow, US Urban Land Institute Canizaro/Klingbeil Family Chair for urban development
- Drivers for Success and Hurdles in the Medical Technology Industry – Anne Trimmer, Chief Executive Officer, Medical Technology Association of Australia
- Successful Innovation in Australia – Ric Tamba, Senior Vice President Car Transmissions Global, AVL
- The capability of Australian enterprises to develop and implement applications to exploit the NBN – Chris North, Owner, Wattle Park Partners
- Current State of Water Recycling in Australia – Peter Everist, General Manager, Water Infrastructure Group