TWC Seminars & Events
Dr Nick Cerneaz addressing the Sydney Mining Club, March 2013
Innovation Lecture Series 2014
- 2014 Innovation Lecture schedule will be announced shortly.
Vision30 Follow-On Event Series
- 2014 Vision30 Follow-On Events schedule will be announced shortly.
- Vision30 Follow-On Event: Australia & The Global Innovation Stage, 28 November 2013. Professor Mark Dodgson explored how Australian innovation – and our ability to commercialise our innovations – compares to the rest of the world.
- Vision30 Event, 8 November 2013. To celebrate 30 years of innovation, The Warren Centre led a discussion of leading and emerging Australian innovation leaders to create a vision and strategy for our industries for the next 30 years.
- Innovation Lecture Series 2013 – June-December 2013. Chief Defence Scientist Dr Alex Zelinsky presented on Thinking Big & Making It Happen.
- Medical Device Commercialisation Seminar Series, April-November 2013. A 10-seminar program exploring what it takes to be one of the medical device success stories.
- ATP Innovations 2013 Successful Innovation Workshop, 11-12 September 2013. The Warren Centre’s Executive Director Dr Nick Cerneaz was a panellist.
- International Urban Design Conference, 9-11 September 2013. The Warren Centre’s COO Alexandra Harrington delivered a presentation.
- Off-grid power options for Australia, 6 March 2013. Dr Nick Cerneaz, Executive Director of The Warren Centre presented to the Sydney Mining Club.
TWC Round-Table Discussions
- Feb 2013: Water Industry Round Table II
- Nov 2012: Construction Waste Round Table
- Oct 2012: Water Industry Round Table I
TWC Governors’ Luncheon Seminars
TWC Governor’s Luncheons
The timetable for the 2014 seminar series will be released shortly.
- Laurie Conheady, Fixed Income strategist, JB Were
- Dr Susan Pond AM FTSE, Chair, Australian Initiative for Sustainable Aviation Fuels
- Professor Mary O’Kane, NSW Chief Scientist and Engineer.
- Conversations with the Future – a Sustainable Australia in 2050 – Professor John Thwaites, Chairman, National Sustainability Council
- Infrastructure & New South Wales – Nick Greiner AC, Chairman, Infrastructure NSW
- Inspiring Young Engineers the World Over – Marita Cheng, 2012 Young Australian of the Year and Founder, Robogals
- Telehealth Challenges with an Ageing Population – Prof Branko Celler, Chief Scientist, CSIRO ICT Centre
- Doing Business with Chinese National Organisations, What Are the IP & Technology Security Issues? – Ashley Brinson, former Area Project Manager & IP Protection Manager, Dow Corning Inc.
- Entrepreneurship Role Models, and how Australia might improve and promote Entrepreneurship - Matt Barrie, Chief Executive, Freelancer.com
- Financial Market Review - Laurie Conheady, Executive Director Fixed Income Strategy, JB Were
- Nano-Engineering the Future : Nanotechnology and the Australian Economy - Dr Chris Behrenbruch, Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder, ImaginAb
- Future vision for research work, and the global innovation landscape and Australia’s opportunities - Hon Prof Andy Dong, Warren Centre Chair of Innovation & ARC Future Fellow, University of Sydney
- City Revitalisation – Lessons for Sydney and its Suburbs - Mr Tom Murphy, Senior Resident Fellow, US Urban Land Institute Canizaro/Klingbeil Family Chair for urban development
- Drivers for Success and Hurdles in the Medical Technology Industry - Anne Trimmer, Chief Executive Officer, Medical Technology Association of Australia
- Successful Innovation in Australia - Ric Tamba, Senior Vice President Car Transmissions Global, AVL
- The capability of Australian enterprises to develop and implement applications to exploit the NBN - Chris North, Owner, Wattle Park Partners
- Current State of Water Recycling in Australia – Peter Everist, General Manager, Water Infrastructure Group