The Professional Performance Innovation and Risk Protocol (PPIR Protocol), developed by the Warren Centre, defines the standard of performance of an engineering task which can be expected by employers, clients and other stakeholders.
Roll-out of the PPIR Protocol in Australian engineering offices is currently being undertaken with the support of many organisations in both public and private sectors, as well as industry associations.
The fundamental purpose of PPIR is to bring about changes in the professional, commercial, liability and legal frameworks that govern everyday engineering, so that:
- There is universal acceptance of the PPIR Protocol for Performance by the Australian engineering industry and profession;
- There is a greater recognition of engineering issues and engineering innovation in commercial relationships and contractual frameworks facilitated by the PPIR Protocol for Engagement;
- There is recognition of engineering professionalism in the law, with fewer professional liability issues arising and liability outcomes being more predictable;
- The relevance and quality of expert testimony is improved and engineering dispute resolution is more efficient and less costly;
- Innovation re-emerges as a driving force in Australian engineering practice; and
- There are significant resulting benefits for everyone involved in buying, selling and using engineering products and services.
PPIR full report – The 64-page report which forms the basis of the PPIR Project (PDF, 2.46MB)
PPIR Protocol for Performance – A 3-page print-out of the PPIR Protocol for Performance and Guidelines (PDF, 987kB)
PPIR Protocol for Engagement – A 2-page print-out of the PPIR Protocol For Engagement (PDF, 66.4kB)
PPIR Overview – A 6-page overview of the background of PPIR, its objectives, strategy and benefits (PDF, 316kB)
The PPIR Project – A 4-page flyer on the background, Protocol structure and benefits of PPIR (PDF, 826kB)
A Blueprint for Improved Engineering Performance – A 2-page flyer on the benefits and progress of the Mobilising PPIR project phase (PDF, 265kB)
A New Performance Protocol – A 2-page flyer introduction to PPIR Protocol and its eight elements (PDF, 1.75MB)
Benefits of PPIR – A 2-page flyer of the benefits of PPIR (PDF, 0.99MB)