We frequently provide opportunities to work with The Warren Centre, on dedicated projects or as part of our support team. These opportunities include paid work positions and unpaid internships/volunteering opportunities. The latter may contribute to Industry Experience Engagement or Continuing Professional Development hours.
IT & Digital Marketing Manager
Part time (flexible) position – located at the University of Sydney Darlington Campus
Are you a creative professional passionate about building digital media and marketing? Are you looking for a flexible part-time role that lets you think creatively and strategically about how to build an online profile? This is a rare opportunity, ideal for someone experienced in both digital media and IT looking for a part-time role that offers true work life balance. The Warren Centre is seeking a creative professional who is passionate about building the online profile to foster Australia’s innovation capabilities.
This role will involve working with the Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer to develop an essential communications plan across web, social media and electronic / print materials. The role requires daily social media content, managing and updating web content, assisting in the editing and production of reports and support of campaigns across web, social media and print, as well as administrating and leading all online and offline IT systems and hardware. There is significant opportunity to lead the development of a reinvigorated website, CRM and online teamwork platforms
- Develop and run, branding and communication strategies and high-impact content, across SEO, SMM, promotional EDM, weekly newsletters and other online channels
- Develop analytics, tools and reports to measure results
- Work with the COO and external creative agencies to build visually exciting and branded content, as well as branded marketing materials to acquire interest and/or sponsorship for projects and events
- Communicate to the team on project development, timelines, and results
- Develop creative new ideas to expand audience reach and impact
- Lead the development and publication of a weekly online tech newsletter with a team of highly capable student interns
- Support and be responsible for the roll-out of new applications, and test and evaluate new technology
- Ensure administration and maintenance of IT infrastructure and software is performed routinely with minimal or no disruption to core activities including: file management systems, permissions and accounts of individuals within the company on various internal and external software systems, databases, websites, and web servers
- Administrate, edit, analyse, troubleshoot, and optimise TWC’s entire WordPress website portfolio with HTML/CSS/PHP, as well as handling associated emails, plugins, security, CDNs, FTP, and cPanel/WHM/VPS servers.
- Maintain regular backups of all TWC associated websites, databases and file management systems.
- Assist the team with general ongoing events and marketing activities
- Support staff to set up systems or resolve technical issues
- Liaise with the University ICT team and utilise documentation, the knowledge base and other resources to further troubleshoot issues that you are unable to resolve
- Inform the company of potential upgrades or improvements that can be made to the current system, whether it be file management, CRM, or other
- Create static content on website using HTML5
- Read and understand server monitoring logs and reports from uptime monitoring services and address any issues that they highlight
- Understand how to deal with emergencies such as DDoS
- Administer TWC’s PHP-based document tracking system
- Understand the structure of TWC’s FileMaker-based contact database and know how to edit this and extract key information
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in running digital communications and small business IT systems
- Proficient written communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Well-presented and confident with strong organisational skills
- High-level proficiency in social media marketing and command of major platforms
- High-level proficiency in WordPress CMS
- High-level proficiency in IT software and hardware
This role offers a flexible part-time arrangement (20 hours per week) for the right candidate including inside school hours for working parents and is located at the University of Sydney Darlington Campus.
If you have any questions please contact the Chief Operating Officer, Alex Harrington on 0416 055224.
If this sounds like you please fill out the form below with Recruitment Reference – ITDIGITAL
Return to top
We do not currently have any internship opportunities available. Please check back later.
Return to top