- This event has passed.
CEDA Digital Bytes with the Hon Victor Dominello
20 May, 2016 @ 11:45 am - 2:00 pm$150 - $260
The CEDA Digital Bytes and Innovation series returns on Friday 20 May 2016 for a lunch event to host The Hon Victor Dominello MP, NSW Minister for Innovation and Better Regulation, prior to the release of the State’s first innovation policy.
The emergence of fintech and opportunities for the sector are enormous. In 2014, global fintech financing reached US$12 billion, up from US$3 billion in 2013. To date, the bulk of fintech financing has been directed to Silicon Valley, New York and London, with Australian start-ups attracting limited financing. In 2013, Australian venture capital funding accounted for just 0.02 per cent of GDP.
In addition to start-up incubators and the provision of data, greater levels of investment and capital raising are vital towards the expansion of Sydney’s fintech sector.
This event will explore:
- Attracting capital to accelerate the development of world-leading fintech companies
- Government support to assist Australian fintech firms promote themselves and develop relationships in the Asia Pacific region
- Active disruption: collaboration between established financial services and the fintech companies trying to disrupt them
- Appropriate regulatory settings that enable local fintech firms to maintain and develop competitive advantage and global leadership
Meet the keynote speaker:
The Hon Victor Dominello MP, New South Wales Minister for Innovation and Better Regulation
Meet the panel
- Yasser El-Ansary, Chief Executive Officer, AVCAL Australian Private Equity & Venture Capital Association Limited
- Jost Stollman, Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer, Tyro Payments
- Nick Giurietto, CEO and MD, Australia Digital Currency & Commerce Association
- Alina Bain, CEO, Australian Services Roundtable
This event is sponsored by CEDA members:
Image: The Hon Victor Dominello speaks at The Warren Centre’s Governors Program, November 2016.